2011-2012: Where F.I.R.S.T. Happens
The 2011-2012 season was a huge turning point for MorTorq in many intangible ways. In addition to continuing our partnerships with APLA, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Darfur Dream Team, and Cedars-Sinai, we participated in the Muscle Dystrophy Association walk and volunteered at the Los Angeles Marathon.
- 2012 Excellence in Design Award Sponsored by Autodesk – 3D Design Category Finalist
- Gracious Professionalism (Los Angeles, CA)
- Safety Star of the Day – Adar Thau (Los Angeles, CA)
2012 Robot: “MettaBot World Peace”
- Nicknames: Chainbreaker, Chain Reaction, FIRST
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Height: 58 in.
- Width: 26 in.
- Length: 30 in.
- Drive Train: 6 Wheel Drive dropped center
- FIRST Game: Rebound Rumble
- Explanation: With close to an 18 fps traveling speed, the robot utilizes a dual stage conveyor system which allows for exactly 3 balls in each stage. The turreted dual-FP shooter shoots the ball approximately 25′. 100% of the processing is done offboard, so the robot only follows directions given to it, not having any itself.