2010-2011: FIRST in M.O.T.I.O.N.
In the 2010-2011 season, we participated in both the Denver and Los Angeles Regionals. In both, we exhibited success by making it to the semi-finals and finals respectively as well as winning the Innovation in Control Award at both regionals, Safety Recognition Award in Denver, and the Industrial Safety Award at the Los Angeles regional. Reflecting upon the year’s FRC game, Logomotion, MorTorq’s Chairman’s Award theme was “FIRST in M.O.T.I.O.N.” -Mentoring, Organization, Teamwork, Initiative, Outreach, and Network. In addition to continuing our partnerships with APLA, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Darfur Dream Team, and Cedars-Sinai, we participated in the Muscle Dystrophy Association walk and volunteered at the Los Angeles Marathon.
- Regional Innovation in Control Award (Los Angeles, CA)
- Regional Industrial Safety Award (Los Angeles, CA)
- Regional Finalist Award (Los Angeles, CA)
- Regional Innovation in Control Award (Denver, CO)
- Safety Recognition (Denver, CO)
2011 Robot: “ROB 2.0”
- Nicknames: BOTH HANDS
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Height: 28 in.
- Width: 28 in.
- Length: 38 in.
- Drive Train: 4-wheel mecanum drive
- FIRST Game: Logomotion
- Explanation: ROB 2.0 had an elevator-pulley system and used an arm with a claw at the end to pick up tubes to place exactly on target pegs.